Tablet-Based Activities for Care Homes
VITA is a tablet-based activity program for volunteer groups visiting nursing homes. It was developed at the NUS HCI Lab to assist volunteers who are visiting older adults in nursing homes who have cognitive impairments. It provides pre-packaged, customised activities for volunteers, and is the result of extensive, ethnographic field research.
- Foong, P. S., Zhao, S., Carlson, K., Liu, Z.(2017). VITA: Towards Supporting Volunteer Interactions with Long-Term Care Residents with Dementia. In Proceedings of the 35th Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 1583–1592). New York, NY, USA: ACM. https://doi.org/10.1145/2702123.2702588
- Foong, P. S., & Zhao, S. (2016). Design Considerations for Volunteer Support in Dementia Care. In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Interactive Technology and Ageing Populations (pp. 54–63). New York, NY, USA: ACM. https://doi.org/10.1145/2996267.2996273
- Community Silver Trust from the Agency for Integrated Care/Ministry of Health, via Villa Francis Home for the Aged
- National University of Singapore Academic Research Fund Tier 1 Grant Number 251RES1617
NEXP Experimental Design Tool and Course
NEXP was developed by my colleague Meng Xiao Jun and with the lab we prepared and ran a course at CHI 2016 on improving learning and doing controlled experiment design.
- Zhao, S., Meng, X., Foong, P. S., & Perrault, S. (2016). A Dummy’s Guide to Your Next EXPeriment: Experimental Design and Analysis Made Easy. In Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 1016–1019). New York, NY, USA: ACM. https://doi.org/10.1145/2851581.2856675